A limited liability company is the most common business type of entity in Malta chosen by foreign investors. It may have the status of a Private and Public liability company.
Private liability company in Malta
A private company must draft its memorandum or articles of association:
- Restrict the right to transfer its shares;
- Limit the number of members to fifty;
- Prohibit any invitation to the public to subscribe for any shares or debentures of the company.
Public liability company in Malta
A public company does not qualify as a private company. It may offer shares or debentures to the public. Still, it may not issue any form of application for its shares or debentures unless the company is registered and a prospectus accompanies the issue.
Foreign businesses also have other options for companies, such as joint-stock companies, partnerships, sole proprietorship in Malta.
Related: New company formation in Malta
Why Should you register your company in Malta?
The Malta tax benefits, Double Taxation Agreements, fast incorporation, and its English-speaking educated workforce attract many investors from Europe and other countries. The following advantages also empower businesses:
- Malta holding company can have only one shareholder.
- It is convenient for the corporations to do business in Malta as it is located close to Italy and Greece and a member of the EU.
- Corporations present in Malta are not taxed on the worldwide income, only on revenues generated for managing a business within Malta’s borders.
- If corporations are rightly formed, they do not pay taxes on incoming dividends from subsidiaries existing outside of Malta.
- Malta is well-known for offering tax benefits to companies involved in the betting and online gaming business.
- The recent group of investors to in the Maltese market includes ships and aircraft registration companies.
- Caribbean Passports: Adapting to Shifts & Schengen Access Changes
- Unlocking Schengen Access for Indians via Malta's Residency Programme
- Long-Term Residency: Eligibility, Application, Benefits, and Challenges
- Portugal Golden Visa linked to Real Estate to be Scrapped
- Changes to the Golden Visa program in Ireland impact Chinese Investors