The Citizenship by Investment Act, passed by the Grenadan government in 2013, marked the beginning of the Grenada Citizenship by Investment Programme. The programme is an opportunity for individuals who wish to obtain Grenadian citizenship through investment. The Grenadian economy is strong, and Grenada offers a high quality of life, making it an attractive destination for those looking for a new home. If you find this interesting, read on to learn more and find out how Endevio can assist you in your application.
- Benefits of the Grenada Citizenship by Investment
- Main Requirements
- Investment Options
Benefits of the Grenada Citizenship by Investment
The following benefits are available to successful applicants:
- Enhanced global mobility with visa-free access to over 140 countries.
- Relatively fast processing and approval (subject to due diligence) within 6-7 months without the need to reside/visit Grenada.
- Spouse (legally married of opposite sex), children under 18, financially supported children under 30, physically or mentally challenged children aged 18 or over, financially supported parents or grandparents above the age of 55 and single siblings aged 18 or over may be included in one citizenship application (subject to additional eligibility requirements).
- Ability to resell the investment after 5 years, while the original investor maintains their citizenship.
- Full investment is made ONLY after approval in principle of the application by the Government.
- Citizenship is passed on to future generations.
- Right to work and live in Grenada and countries of the Caribbean Community.
- Political and economic stability.
- Education and healthcare opportunities.
- Tax advantages.
Enhanced global mobility.
- Main applicant be at least 18 years of age
- Have a clean criminal record
- Have a good reputation and be of good character
- Make an investment in Grenada (options include real estate or donation)
- Meet any additional requirements as specified by the Government of Grenada
Applicants have the following financial options:
1. Contribution to the National Transformation Fund
- USD 150,000 for single applicants; or
- USD 200,000 for the main applicant with a spouse or a family of four
2. Real Estate Investment
- Investment of USD 220,000 in a Government pre-approved tourism accommodation in Grenada, which must be kept for a minimum of 5 years
- An investment in pre-approved real estate worth USD 350,000
The procedure for applying for Grenadian citizenship is relatively simple and does not require the applicant to travel to Grenada.